ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2006 19:57:31 -0600
Walking On Air

By Phil Scovell

     Many people today, claiming to be true Bible Believers and
insist they take the Bible literally, do not believe there are
miracles today.  This, along with the gifts of the Holy Spirit,
died out with the last apostle; whoever that was.  I thought you
might like to read about one of the most unusual miracles I have
ever heard.  It happened to a personal friend of mine.  So, if you
have trouble believing it, I'll be happy to put you in touch with
him and you can decide for yourself, after talking with him, if he
is telling the truth or lying.

     Brother James was my pastor many years ago.  He told me that
back in the earlier days of the so called Charismatic movement, he
not only saw miracles but experienced several of his own.  Here is
just one of those miracles.

     The service was over.  Many people had come to the altar and
were born again, healed, and otherwise ministered to for whatever
reason.  Brother James was on his knees praying and was just lost
in his thoughts with the Lord.  When he finally looked up, only
one or two other people were still at the altar praying.  Nearly
everyone had gone home but he noticed three elderly women seated
about half way back.  He told me that he began walking slowly down
the isle when he noticed the three women beginning to whisper
between themselves.  Based upon the mood he was in, he felt
irritated they would be so rude as to disrupt the incredible
feeling of the presence of the Holy Spirit in the church building
that night.  He said nothing but continued walking slowly down the
isle.  The closer he came to the three women, the louder their
whispers became and they even began pointing at Brother James.
This of course, irritated him even more.  He still said nothing.
A few more steps and he was passed them.  By this time, they had
almost become obnoxious with their whispering and pointing.  Once
passed where the women were seated, he decided to turn and say
something to the women about their behavior.  Swinging around, he
opened his mouth to speak but then heard what they were saying.
"Look at him!" they said excitedly as they pointed.  His eyes
automatically followed their pointing fingers and he looked down
at the floor where he was standing.  He was standing at least six
inches above the floor in the thin air.  he had walked several
yards down the isle walking six inches above the floor, yet it
felt solid to him as if he had been walking on the surface of the
floor.

     Now, those who say miracles died out with the last apostle,
whoever that was, always ask a simple question when they hear
something like this.  "Why?"  In other words, why would God doing
something like this in the first place.  For the same reason He
does all miracles and that is, so you might believe.  How do I
know this?  Since we all claim to be Bible Believers, let's read
what the Bible Says.

And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes
of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have
died?  Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the
grave.  It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.  Jesus said, Take
ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith
unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead
four days.  Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if
thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?  Then
they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid.
And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that
thou hast heard me.  And I knew that thou hearest me always: but
because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may
believe that thou hast sent me.  And when he thus had spoken, he
cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.  And he that was
dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes:  and his
face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose
him, and let him go.  Then many of the Jews which came to Mary,
and had seen the things which Jesus did, believed on him.
(John 11:37-45 KJV).

Has He Ever Crossed Your Mind?
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com