ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2006 09:03:04 -0600
This is the first draft of this testimony.  It will likely change slightly
before I put it on my website after I confirm the details with the lady it
refers to.  By that I mean, I need to talk with her to make sure I haven't
left anything out.

Kissed By A Butterfly

By Phil Scovell

     She was 52 years old and 36 years of her life had been spent
going through psychological therapy.  such professional therapy,
of course, included lots of pharmaceuticals but she no longer
wanted to be taught how to cope; she wanted to be free.  All the
counseling in the world, therefore, would not heal the woundedness
of the sexual abuse she had suffered at the hand of her father,
and later, her brother.  She had been sexually misused and raped
so many times, she couldn't recall how many.  Due to her childhood
age, her mind fragmented in order to protect itself from the
trauma her little mind was unable to handle.  thus, she was
multiple personality, or what is called today, Dissociative
Identity Disorder; DID for short.

     They were on vacation.  Her father stopped the car to eat
lunch they had packed and brought with them.  It was a horrible
place filled with rotten garbage, spoiled potatoes scattered
across the ground, and thousands of filthy buzzing flies.  She
couldn't understand as a child, why her father had stopped to eat
in such a horrible place.

     Rejection had led us to this memory.  When the lies
associated with this memory were exposed by the Lord Jesus Christ,
He brought unusual healing to the memory.  He gave the little girl
a large potato and let her know this was what potatoes looked like
in Heaven.  It was large and almost to big for the little girl to
hold.

     Suddenly, something else occurred.  She reported that all the
thousands and thousands of dirty filthy flies all suddenly
changed into butterflies of every color of the rainbow.  They
fluttered all around the little girl and Jesus.  she opened her
mouth in joy and one little white butter fly landed in her mouth
and settled lightly on her tongue.  Then it fluttered out and
perched near her mouth and let its soft velvety wings caress her
lips.

     Some may consider this guided imagery, hypnosis, or
regressive therapy but it is none of these thing.  I do nothing in
a prayer session but pray about what the person is remembering.
Even the memory itself is revealed to the person by the True Lord
Jesus Christ.  How do I know this?  first, I don't know the
person's memories.  Secondly, I have people tell me all the time,
"I can't remember anything before age six," or, "I don't have any
childhood memories that I can remember."  Traumatized children
often can't recall any memory events because of their emotional
and mental woundedness.  What is it then, as we pray together, a
memory suddenly pops into their conscious mind if it isn't the
Lord revealing the memory to them?

Has He Ever Crossed Your Mind?
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com