THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 14:48:08 -0500
>From:    [log in to unmask]

>Where did you get that information?
>
>If the usual T3 tests excluded Reverse T3, I should have been a  'normie'
>person instead of having severe hypo symptoms.  I had an  extremely high
>amount
>of Reverse T3.  The Doc who explained my test results  to me told me that
>the
>Reverse T3 had been included in the total T3.

I've seen it several places, but don't have the time to look it up right
now.

I believe if one does have adequate T3, they can still have too much rT3 and
this still makes things unpleasant.

High cortisol can cause high rT3.

Taking Sythroid or even Armour, in some people will make T3 adequate, but
will make rT3 uncomfortably high so they won't feel well.

Which is why some hypos never feel good on a product with T4 in it.

Skipper

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.