THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 12:08:23 EST

In a message dated 2/7/2006 11:29:10 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

T3 is  not supposed to include rT3 on the labs.  Other people have made this
comment too, but when the lab test is run it's only supposed to include  the
proper form of T3.  I'm not sure how this is done, so I can't say  how valid
it is.

Where did you get that information?

If the usual T3 tests excluded Reverse T3, I should have been a  'normie'
person instead of having severe hypo symptoms.  I had an  extremely high amount
of Reverse T3.  The Doc who explained my test results  to me told me that the
Reverse T3 had been included in the total T3.