From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2007 21:53:49 -0500

I have received several interesting comments  to my suggestions about eating out.  They were from "old timers" including one who was diagnosed in 1947!  God Bless.

They ALL had the same comment...they wondered how rude and difficult were the celiacs to the waiters.  And that is a good pt.  The wait staff does not need to hear the story of your life before you order. YOU need to get yourself a safe list of foods that you can always order and which will satisfy you.  For me it's either a pizza burger with sweet potatoe fries and a salad or an omelet.  Those are my go to dishes if I don't see something else on the menu.  I can eat loin of pork, broiled fish, grilled chicken with veggies with no problems and I eat out several times a week.

So THINK and PLAN before you eat out...it is YOUR responsiblity not your waiter's to make sure you get a gf meal