From:
Beth Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beth Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 06:09:52 -0600

I wasn't the one who wrote the summary, but I do know about migranes.
What I use to help is Magnesium, Feverfew, and B2, (someone said B12),
it is B2.  If I take a couple of Tylenol or Motrin with it, it usually
subsides in a 1/2 an hour.  I try to take this remedy as soon as I see
the aura.  Hope this helps.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I don't know if I wrote you or not, but magnesium and calcium
are noted as being involved in migraines. I increased my dosage of both
and the migraines got a LOT better. When I
went GF they got even better. When I went CF, they went
away totally (I've had 2 in about 2 years, both
after "accidents", after averaging 5 a month).

http://www.ctds.info/magnesium-migraine.html

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/minerals/magnesium/

Migraine headaches

Individuals who suffer from recurrent migraine headaches have been
found to have lower intracellular magnesium levels (demonstrated in
both red blood cells and white blood cells) than individuals who do not
experience migraines. Oral magnesium supplementation has been shown to
increase intracellular magnesium levels in individuals with migraine,
leading to the hypothesis that magnesium supplementation might be
helpful in decreasing the frequency and severity of migraine headaches.
Two placebo-controlled trials have demonstrated modest decreases in the
frequency of migraine headaches after supplementation with 600 mg/day
of magnesium compared to placebo (26, 27). However, another
placebo-controlled study found no benefit compared to placebo of 485
mg/day of magnesium in reducing the frequency of migraine headaches
(28). Although no serious adverse effects were noted during these
migraine headache trials, the investigators did note adverse effects
such as diarrhea and gastric (stomach) irritation in about 20% to 40%
of the individuals taking the magnesium supplements.

I did not originally post, but had been getting headaches in the past
few months -- migraine like although I have never been diagnosed.  My
doc told me to take a tab (usual grocery store type of dosage) daily
for 60 days and see if that helped.  It did.  She said many women are
low on that mineral and headaches are a symptom.  Takes a while to
build it back.

So for what it's worth.

Lindsay