Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:17:08 +0200
7bit
From:
Nick and Melanie Psaltakis <[log in to unmask]>

I've read the two recent posts regarding Pei Wei's Sweet and Sour Pork no
longer being gluten free. I find this slightly confusing because, to my
knowledge, the sweet and sour pork never was gluten free.

As a member of Alamo Celiac Support Group, I wrote numerous Defensive Dining
restaurant reviews for our monthly newsletter. When a Pei Wei restaurant
opened near my San Antonio home last year, I waited about a month for the
"newness" to die down, and then went in to look at their gf menu and talk
with the manager. I also contacted their company at that time, when I had a
question about a certain item, and received a prompt rely.

I wrote my review for the Alamo Celiac Newsletter in May 2005 - nearly
one-and-a-half years ago. At that time, Sweet and Sour Pork was not on the
printed gluten free menu kept in the restaurant, or on the restaurant's
website. It's been my understanding that the gluten free menu has remained
the same throughout this time, so I'd be interested to hear if anyone ever
saw a printed gluten menu that included sweet and sour pork.

I did find it interesting, though, to read about the internal menu stating
pork and beef could no longer be ordered gluten free. This suggests that
pork and beef were once gluten free, and yet such an insinuation would
contradict their own printed menu and website.

The Pei Wei restaurant review can be read at: www.alamocelic.org. Click on
"Defensive Dining," and then on "San Antonio - Northeast." I have no
financial interest in any restaurant business, but enjoy dining out and
appreciate businesses that provide gluten free meals.

Dine Defensively.

Melanie Psaltakis
Alamo Celiac