Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Michelle McBride <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 12:30:34 -0400

Well, I received just four responses to my question about the new wine
cooler flavor from Bartles and Jaymes and none of them knew the answer to
the question.  Their responses are below.  The gf list in the Gluten Guard
database says that the following list of coolers from B&J GF.  They are not
made with malt, even though the words "flavored malt cooler" are used on all
labels.

GF coolers according to the Gluten Guard database:  Kiwi Strawberry, Exotic
Berry, Rasberry Daiguiri, Melon Splash, Luscious Blackberry,

Here are the responses I received:

-Wine coolers are malt beverages.  Almost all of them are off limits to
Celiacs.

-I hear this all the time but all the coolers I see here has malt flavoring.
I loveTaylor's Lake Country Red wine so that's what I drink.  I have T-1
diabetes so I stay away from the sweet drinks and Taylor's has 13% alcohol
and it is 8.99 for a 3 liter bottle in our base package store here in SC.
Cheers !

-I stopped drinking them years ago because they are made of malt.  This
would be great news if I could actually have some again.  They are so good
in the summer!

-I thought all coolers had malt in them.  I've been studiously avoiding
coolers for several years.

Susan in Ohio

Thanks for the responses.
Michelle in CT