Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 1995 08:15:57 -0400
From:
"Elizabeth (Betsy) Monaghan" <[log in to unmask]>

I have been receiving Communion in parishes around the country for twenty
years.  Catholic parishes.  In all those years I have had only one priest
refuse me and I believe it was because he did not truly understand what
the heck I was trying to explain.  I must take a small piece of rice
cracker - sometimes a rather unattractive piece at that ( if I am in a
hurry I just grab and break one of the crackers and run).  It is obvious
if I am in my own parish it is simple.  This has happened in Michigan,
New YOrk, California, Massachusetts, Florida, Maryland, etc.  Even on
vacation in Nova Scotia.  The priest just puts my "wafer" on the altar
and consecrates it on that day right along with the Mass.  If I am
visiting I just explain that it needs to be consecrated during the Mass
and as I said, in twenty years, I have had only one problem.  If you
multiply that time 52 and many holidays and days just because - well,
that is quite a few.  Yes, the church has many problems, but come on not
everything is about powers that be or whatever!!