Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2006 16:47:18 +0000

This entry is primarily meant for the archives for anyone planning a trip to this historic coastal fishing town.  We just spent a four-night, three-day enjoyable stay, in spite of some very wet weather.  We reserved a kitchenette motel room at the Wingaersheek.  Very clean and pleasant, but a little noisy.  We took seasonings, home-made kefir, eggs, cheese, butter, milk, tea, left-over barbequed chicken and sautéed veal liver with onions, veggies, coconut and olive oils, etc., along with two large fry pans, a medium pot with insertable metal steamer.  We forgot a cutting board and had to buy one.  Night one we improvised with what we had brought along.  Then we bought burger for day two’s lunch, which we enjoyed with a salad.  Safely, we also enjoyed: take-out fried clams from Woodman’s; delicious crab and avocado salad tostados at Passports; fish market fresh haddock (slowly sautéed in our kitchenette) and steamed lobsters (kept cool and re-heated later—we melted our own butter).
 The Wingaersheek Beach is very nice and great for families.  Our other favorite spot is the Hammond Castle museum, although small children may not enjoy it.
Regards to All - Stay Gluten Free - It Works!
Roz (upstate New York)