From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:43:41 -0400

I notice that several people said that Outback was safe...that was not my experience at an Outback on 23 ST in Manhattan.

I had a hamburger which almost immediately led to a bad nosebleed, which is my reaction to wheat.  When I spoke to the waiter about it and about the fact that it was inedible because of its saltiness.  HE SAID THAT THE PROBLEM WAS THAT THE COOKS AND KITCHEN HELP COULDN'T READ ENGLISH AND THUS COULDN'T AND DIDN'T FOLLOW THE RECIPES GIVEN THEM.  In the NYC area, Mexicans are the chief kitchen workers.  It started me thinking that I'd better start carrying a card in Spanish as well as in English to give in a restaurant where I don't know the cooks.   Something to think about

*******
*******