ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rhonda Partain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 23:45:01 -0400
The girls, Jenna and Christa have ajob now at a store called Fred's don't
know if you guys hae them where you live, a step above  a dollar store  I
think.  Anyway, Ben and I have been thinking, and talking, and since they
both will be gone, and I can't see anything at all, and Ben only some and at
other times less, we thought the in clinic type of dialysis would be best
for us.
Jenna and Austin our new married couple are moving soon in to an apartment,
Christa our soon to be college freshman is thinking about moving in to  some
college apartments!!
The center told us that Medicare pays for the at home dialysis from day one,
but the in clinic kind after the third month.  I explained our situation to
them, and they are rather insistant that Ben could do this by himself.  He
doesn't want to, and really wants to do the clinic dialysis.  I understand
from reading Medicare literature on the SSI site that Medicare will go back
three months once it starts...so I am  trying to just get these people to
listen to what Ben wants.
Since Ben is diabetic, and has  little feeling in his fingers, and his
vision is not good, I really can't see why there is any debate about the
issue.  Can't a patient decide which options he wants when it comes to what
he feels is best for his personal situation?
Well, getting all the social work practice I need this week, diplomacy too!!
*smile*
Rhonda