From:
cheryl in colorado <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
cheryl in colorado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:34:15 -0600

Thanks for the responses I got. If I find anything else out while there,
I'll post it to the group.

Cheryl in Colorado
----------
my family and i have traveled to breckenridge from new york city for a
week of great skiing each year for the past five or six years, and even
visited once during the summer. i haven't found much in the way of
eating out, i'm afraid. we've attempted going to restaurants a few times
and even though we went at off-peak hours, we have found that the places
are so jam packed and concerned about getting the customers in and out
that though they mean well, they don't often get it right. however, you
may have better luck given that you won't be there during peak ski season.
we did find one gem though. i recommend it highly, but it is pricey. it
is called the Blue River Bistro and it is on Main Street in
Breckenridge. They cook with all fresh ingredients, they know exactly
what is in each dish, and were happy to make recommendations or any
modifications, when necessary. we have been there several times but
don't go as often as we'd like when we're in breckenridge since we have
three children and it's not really a restaurant for kids in terms of
atmosphere or price.
as a result, we usually just cook in our condo. so, when we land in
denver, we stock up on our GF essentials--bread, muffins, pizza crusts,
pasta--and then buy the rest of our food in breckenridge. there is a
fairly large, well-stocked supermarket right in the center of town
called City Market that carries all the mainstream stuff.
<>it may have been me who wrote in to the List about the health food
store in frisco. it is located on Main Street in frisco and has a pretty
nice assortment of some GF goodies--pasta, cookies, crackers and such,
but if you're coming from denver, you may just want to so your shopping
in Whole Foods where there is a much bigger selection and bring it
along. --------------------
I was out in Vail a couple months ago – so if you head over to Vail
Village – there’s a little grocery store by the movie theater in the
village that carries a large natural foods selection and did have some
GF products available.
We were in Breckenfidge last spring and it was great. At the ski area
itself there was little that was GF so we just packed food with us for
lunch.

We stayed in Frisco and had no trouble getting things prepared GF.
Mostly we stuck to steaks. One place that we really liked and returned
to was Silverheels.