ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:59:26 -0600
Kathy,

That is  amazing hahahaha. I'd not think that is a terribly common name,
but I guess it is. Oh, I'm not sure of the time frame exactly, but while
you were down below teaching kids? I was probably at one point in there
only feet above you putting the roof on the Intermediate School District
building on First Street in Menominee... I remember being up there at
midnight in a storm replacing tarps that had blown offtoo... that is not a
place to be in a thunderstorm folks lol. It's a small world isn't it
though. Oh and say "hi" to your hubby Glen for us on the list here too eh?
hahahahaahaha "ducking now*

Brad

At 05:02 PM 2/10/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>--=====================_35073375==.ALT
>
>A story of mix ups
>
>Okay everybody, mix-ups don't just happen in hospitals.  While Greg
>and I lived in Menominee Michigan, we were involved in some of the
>most confusing mix-ups that I ever hope to go through.  Here are the
>highlights.
>In 1984, we moved to Menominee where I had been hired to be a teacher
>for the intermediate school district, working with the mentally
>impaired.  As soon as we arrived in the community, we began church
>shopping and settled on a church in the area that we really
>liked.  We jumped in with both feet, because that's just kind of the
>way we are, so we became known pretty quickly by the pastor and the
>congregation.  Unfortunately, we have never been able to receive the
>local paper.  We just always felt that other things were more
>important to pay for and all we usually do with the paper is go
>through the comics and do the crossword puzzle.  It just isn't worth
>the subscription cost.  Anyway, imagine our surprise about a month
>after our involvement in the church when the pastor pulled us aside
>and asked us if the congregation could expect a lot of trouble from
>us.  We had no clue what he was talking about, so he showed us the
>article in the paper.
>Evidently, a man named, Greg Du Bois, (unfortunately for us no
>address was given), was in the paper for some funny dealings in the
>tree industry.  I believe that it was in the court reports and his
>brother was involved as well.  We assured him that it wasn't us and
>hoped that it was the end of the matter, but it was just the beginning.
>While I was pregnant with Matthew, another lady began attending the
>same church with a five-year-old son.  Her name was Kathy Du Bois and
>her son's name was Christopher.  She joined the choir and we got to
>know each other some.  Her husband's name was Glen, so we didn't
>think much of it as far as being another matter of confusion.  By the
>way, Glen did not attend church so now; it was just to two Kathy's
>who was a confusing matter.
>About a year later, I gave birth to a Christopher of my own.  I
>didn't think anything of giving him that name because we and the
>other Kathy didn't associate much.  Anyway, We had Chris in Greenbay
>and we chose to leave within twelve hours of his birth so they were
>not able to administer his PKU test.  A baby needs to be more than
>three days old for this test to be accurate.  We took our Christopher
>to our local hospital when he was around five days old to have the
>PKU test administered and, instead of beginning a new file on our
>Christopher, they pulled up this other Christopher's file and said,
>"Oh yes, didn't he fall out of a tree a few days ago and break his
>arm?"  Unfortunately, Chris had not fallen out of a tree.  He had
>fallen out of me and nothing was broken, but we learned that we were
>both using the same pediatrician.
> [...]

Brad

   Nothing else ruins the truth like stretching it