ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:15:21 -0600
OK. So you had to go and make me look up the meaning didn't you lol.
Strongs says it is to trip up, hang on heels, a supplanter. Supplanter huh?
So I had to look that up in Webster's Dictionary and it reads...

supplant

Function: transitive verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French supplanter, from Latin
supplantare to overthrow by tripping up, from sub- + planta sole of the
foot -- 1 : to supersede (another) especially by force or treachery
2 a (1) obsolete : UPROOT
(2) : to eradicate and
supply
a substitute for <efforts to supplant the vernacular> b : to take the place
of and serve as a substitute for especially by reason of superior excellence
or power

And of course it was prophecied ...

23 The LORD said to her,
"Two nations are in your womb;
And two peoples will be separated from your body;
And one people shall be stronger than the other;
And the older shall serve the younger."

So yet it was prophecied as such, we still see how it was done, by Rebecca
dressing Jacob up as Esau and I'm sorry to say, he lied to Isaac to obtain
the blessing.

Genesis Chapter 27 has the account in case anyone is interest in reading.

Brad