ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 18:16:27 -0700
Ned and others,

Strangely enough, this week I prayed with two different people who had the
fear of death and dying.  That's a no brainer on that one then.  I knew this
had something to do with my illness but at the hospital, I couldn't do much
about it.  I prayed against it when I got home and that helped but there was
more.  I was called by another intercessor on this list and as much as I
wanted to keep it a secret do to my stuipid pride, this person was able to
help me pray through some amazing things in my own past concerning the death
of my father, my own personal loneliness as a result, which I never knew
about, and the fear of dying like my father was in there, too.  I never
likely would have seen this except the illness that forced me to look at it
as Jesus does.  I am still very ill but getting better by the hour.  I thank
God for everybody's prayers and for what the Lord did through another
intercessor today.  When you are an intercessor, it is very hard to let
others pray you through some things but today, it happened and I thank God
for showing me the things in my life I never knew were there until today.
The Lord has been trying to get me back to those areas of my life that
needed healing but my pride kept me from going back there.  Sickness can
quickly strip you of all pride and that happened today.  No easy way to
learn by the Holy Spirit either.  I trust I am more open to the leading of
the Lord next time.

Phil.