ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 22:47:30 -0700
I had a prayer session tonight with George that blew me away it was so
powerful.  I have been spending at least an hour each day praying in the
Spirit for people with whom I have scheduled prayer sessions.  tonight, as
George and I prayed, the Lord literally took him directly to an event in his
life where his father flat out said to him, with George's sister right there
to hear, he wished George had never been born.  During the intercessory
prayer session, the Lord revealed to George why his father said this.
George still has been having anxiety episodes and some things still bother
him.  I knew, through my private times of prayer, where the Lord wanted to
heal George so I have been focusing my private prayers on those areas.
Tonight, when the Lord flat out told George why his father said this, it
nearly overwhelmed George.  Then something else happened.  I won't explain
it all because George will probably want to tell about it himself someday
but suddenly, George felt peace flowing into him and suddenly everything
became calm.  He was amazed and I was shaking from the power I felt in the
room as the Holy Spirit ministered to him.  By the way, the prayer time
lasted no more than 15 minutes.  This is another one of those times I wish I
had a tape recorder running and recording the event because it was so
powerful.  No, this doesn't mean George is done but tonight was huge.  It
also healed the broken relationship with his father right on the spot.
George even said that he wished he could talk to his dad right now and tell
him he understands now why he treated him so badly as he did.  George's
father died several years ago and became born again two weeks before he
died.

Phil.