C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:17:51 EST
Does it strike anyone as ironic that at a time when every day  life depends
less on physical abilities than it ever has before, there  SEEMS to be a
decrease in the willingness to accept people who are  different?

By this, I mean, so much of life is automated and there are more jobs  that
don't require physical ability, so unlike 50 (or less) years ago people  with
disabilities can navigate the world much easier (though not always  easily).
It seems as if disability should thus become more accepted by  society, but
sometimes I feel the reverse is happening.  At least, I don't  see much progress.