C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:26:52 -0700
okay, mike, the following is directly from senator
chamlis's letter to me on this subject: after it i'll
make a coment.

States cannot use deficit spending and are facing
fiscal pressures from Medicaid.  Since the Medicaid
program is jointly funded, policy changes can occur at
either the federal and/or the state level.  The
President's fiscal year 2006 proposed budget
request provides more than $193 billion for Medicaid,
which is an increase of

approximately 6% over fiscal year 2005 levels.

Should any legislation come before the Senate that
addresses this very important issue, I will certainly
keep your views in mind.

as you see, medicade was not cut (or slahed as the
article put it). there was a 6% increase. now let me
explain a few things commonly done by politicians and
the news media. a increase is described as a cut if
that is crease is less than the describer had
proposed. lets say the democrats proposed a 10 percent
increase and the republicans propsed a 4 % increase
and they compromised and came up with 6 % increase.
the democrate then goes out and says medicaid or
whatever got cut or slashed 4 %. i think this is
basically dishonest. it was not cut it was increased.
you may agree that the full 10 % was needed or not,
but, it is dishonest to call an increase a cut. so i
am calling Marta Russell A LIER. this article is
intellectally dishonest.
this does not mean that i would not have supported
more increase, it just means that i am calling the
writer a lier for being dishonest.
  i hope you all appreciate me contacting my senator
and that you recognize that the truth is important.

=== message truncated ===