From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:44:02 -0600
The only thing i don't like about the pro 3, and this may be totally
changeable in the menus, is the fact that you have to press and hold the
lock buttont to get voice read out of the frequency.
Also, the fact that the voice chip is controlled by the volume knob which
can be a real problem when you have a high noise floor and you're trying to
hear the frequency....i found that i had to use the squelch control to get
rid of the noise floor to hear the frequency...just another couple steps
involved compared to the kenwood rigs.
Also, and this is more from an accessible design point of view, i think the
main display takes up way too much space on the front of the rig...probably
necesary for the band scope and all that...but it takes up too much room, so
that all the rest of the controls are slightly crammed and also making the
face of the radio a bit large.
Other then those the rig seems to perform extremely well...i love the
filtering options and so on as well.
73
]Colin, V A6BKX