C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2006 10:53:11 -0500
I'm sorry but as a disabled person, I disagree vehemently with your
statement.  How do you really and truly know that a person with
mental retardation has no self-awareness at all?  How do you know
that such a course of action will truly do no harm to the person?

And I am so saddened at how closely this "ethical" decision lies with
the eugenics movement and the Nazis' willingness to tamper with
people in the name of "physical perfection."  I don't mean you
personally , Kristina, but this whole mess just is a sad commentary
on how society would not like to be bothered with taking care of
people with disabilities.

Juat *my* tuppence.

Kat