From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:14:03 -0400
Hi, all.

Sorry, but the great wisdom out there in this group causes me to ask another
question.

Here in Michigan, our chapter of the QCWA has a CW net on 3.535 MHZ Saturday
evenings at 8 p.m.  With my trailer antenna installation, I can't seem to
tune the Predator screw-driver-type antenna to anything below 3.600 MHZ on
80 meters.  I am currently using a 102-inch whip on the screw-driver antenna
system.

Does anyone have any simple suggestions as to how I might solve this
problem?

As I have things now, the ant works great on 75 through 20 meters.  If I
want to go above 20, to say 17, 15, or 10 meters, I'll probably have to use
a shorter whip, which I have whenever the sun spot cycle heads upward, and
those bands open, but getting the current antenna system to resonate below
3.600 MHZ on 80 meter CW with the 102-inch whip has alluded me so far.

73 and thanks very much again from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ