From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 19:37:21 -0400
Hi John.

Well, esxtended frequency coverage means different things to different
people.  Yes, you are right.  Mine has the coverage from 118 to 174 and 420
to 524 MHz.  It didn't dawn on me that he was talking about opening it up
to 900 MHz--I regard anything that provides coverage outside the ham bands
as "extended coverage."

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 06:45 PM 6/16/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>they must have changed it because mine I had to cut a wire for the really
>extended coverage, not  the 118 to 175 and 430 to 512, but to get the rest
>of it I did. they might have changed it, I don't know. At 1 point HRO didn't
>have any MC-60A mics, about a year ago for 2 months or so because Kenwood
>was late in shipping them so that could have happened with the TM-g707A, I
>haven't heard anything about it being discontinued and have asked and no one
>has said yes. It's possible though I suppose but I'd hope they'd replace it
>with something as good first.

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]