From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 21:04:58 -0400
Hi Howard,

I own the Navigator, but as Steve has said, the software has not been
updated as promised.  As with any GPS system, the system does make mapping
mistakes though it will get you where you want to go 99.5% of the time.  One
of the first things that I ran in to when I first got my Navigator was that
it tells me that there is a cutoff road at the end of my street that just
doesn't exist.  Years ago, that street did exist on a developers map that
apparently worked its way in to the mapping databases.  But, the maps are
being updated constantly and that's what's bugging me so much about
VCommand's failure to update their system.  I must say, that I love the
sistem though and you might hagve your friend and his driver watch the video
which demos the unit.  It costs about half of the price of the other
systems, but ask about support before your friend buys!
Bob, [log in to unmask], K8LR
Skype Name: bobtinn
Life is WONDERFUL!