From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2006 00:04:39 -0400
Hi Rich, Re the beltclip assembly, there are four pieces.
1, a knob type mount over which the clip itself mounts, the knob, if you
will, has a hole for one screw in its' center, and another hole through it,
at the top, through which the lanniard or handstrap passes.
2, the clip itself, which slides over the knob/previously atatched to the
radio via the screw.
3, the screw which atatches the knob/mount to the radio, and of course,
strengthens support for the clip.
and 4, the lanniard/handstrap, the short loop end of which slips through the
hole in the top of the knobmount, preferably before the screw and clip are
firmly atatched.
(Note, I've been told that the propencity for the clip to slip off the knob,
when the radio is turned upside down on the belt of the wearer, can be
seriously cut back by using a rubber band somehow slid around the slide on
part of the clip knob combo, but I've not had the chance to try it, as mine
didn't come with the clip, only the knobmount+screw+lanniard.  I'm using a
2screw hole 1piedce metal beltclip similar to, if not the same one, used on
the IC24at and 2sat series of radios, though would like to find one of the
original t90 clips to use with the radio, using the rubber band trick.
   In terms of a quick start, handihams has an mp3 and or text file, from
IcanWorkThisThing.com and or BiblesFor The Blind, which does pretty well.
If you've got a line on a braille quickstart file that's different than
those, I'd love to find a copy also.  Thanks, Danny Dyer, wb4idu.