From:
Terri Pannett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:37:01 -0700
I didn't think the Radio Shack 242 was a very accessible radio because I
want to be able to put in the PLs myself and I was able to, but not very
easily.

I bought a Kenwood TMg707a and I like the radio but I can't stand the mike.
It's too big and clunky for my small hands to hold and I wish the touchtone
pad was on the radio and not on the mike.  The buttons on the mike are hard
to distinguish.

To tell the truth, I like my old 7950 better, but it drifts and I don't know
if it can be fixed or if there is somebody who speaks english that repairs
the Kenwood radios.  The last time I called the Kenwood service department I
got into a shouting match with some foreigner who couldn't speak english.
Boy, that makes me mad when I call a company and the person on the phone
can't speak english!

Terri, Amateur Radio call sign KF6CA.  Army MARS call sign AAT9PX,
California