From:
Richard Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 19:24:59 000

TOm wrote:
   >How about the Kenwood TMV7A, if you can still find one?  Or, the
   >newer Kenwood TMV708A?  The only disadvantage of the newer Kenwood
   >model, believe it or not, is that it is not programmable with a
   >computer.
I'm hoping to find a tmv-7a this summer later and one of the
things I want is the crossband repeat capability.  HOw about
the 708?  WILl it do that?
cOmputer control is about the lowest on my list of
priorities, especially since I don't gui at all, strictly
dos and eventually another linux machine.

GOt an idea for ballpark price?  GOt to do something after
my vacation now that I"ve got the xyl a decent two meter
mobile.  Am borrowing a Yaesu  mobile from our county
emergency coordinator right now and would like to get her
her radio back, but crossband repeat is a feature I"d relaly
like out here in the woods.  I could go down to the lake and
do some fishing and still hit the repeater of my choice.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb,
Electric Spider Productions,
Eads Tn.