From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2006 16:14:05 -0400
Hi Steve, thanks for the heads up.  I have considered this unit, but if I
understand it right, anything or anybody who crosses the sensor's beam will
set off the alarm.  and although you can hear the transmitted signal up to
400 feet or more from the transmitter itself, I don't believe that the
transmitted beam which you cross to set the thing off, reaches that far.  So
apparently, you'd have to be fairly close to the transmitted beam to set it
off; and in my situation, anybody or anything crossing the beam at any time
would set it off, so buggies, customers, stockers, etc, would constantly be
crossing the beam and causing chimes:  What I'd been hoping to find is
something that emits some type of modulated carrier all the time and has a
tone or something which would increase in pitch or loudness, as you get
close to it with your receiver.
Thanks for the thought though, and any thoughts about this or anything else
we ever mention is much appreciated.  Danny.