Date:
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 00:24:41 -0800
I don't know if any way on mobiles to turn on DTMF so you can hear it.  I
have owned all 3 major manufacturers ris and there may be some out there
that would allow that but none that I know of will allow you to hear the
DTMF tones.

The menu's are kind of funny and maybe some one else can give a better
explanation.  I am a total and use sighted assistance when setting up the
menu's.  Press the menu key, Third down on the front right if I remember
right.  (I just confirmed that is correct on my g-707a.)  Then rotate the
vfo to the correct menu.  Press the fourth or fifth button over and you will
drop down a level depending on the menu number.  Some menu's have a sub-menu
and some don't.  Then you have to hit the fourth or fifth button to select
the item you want or also known as the "OK".  The menus on the tm-g707a and
tm-v7a are the most frustrating parts of these rigs.

Like I said above someone else could probably give a more scientific and
informative explanation.  I don't have any assistance here at this time
otherwise I could provide a full explanation that would get you to your
desired goal right away.  I took mine mobile last week end and played with
it and got myself screwed up.  Ended up with sighted assistance more than
once on that trip resetting the menu's.  If only the software would take
care of that portion of the radio.

Brian, k5in