From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:46:18 -0700
Your mother sounds like mine used to be when i was at home...a little
paranoid about all the wires and things plugged in...i guess if i had snap
tied all wires together in a neat bundle, plugged everything into power bars
and created a true fire hazard, she probably wouldn't have complained...but,
having all wires separated, and wall warts plugged in as many different
circuits as possible, it looked, to someone who doesn't know better, like it
could be potential for explosion hi hi.
I think those chargers when not plugged in take such a minuscule amount of
power that you would have to have literally hundreds plugged in to even
register anything on the power bill, and even then, the amount would be
pennies.  Even if they were all in use, the actual drain is pretty low.
This kind of thinking goes hand in hand with the idea that keeping the heat
off in the winter in your car saves on gas....totally unrelated, but can
make sense to someone who doesn't know better.
If she puts up a big fuss, ask her to unplug all her appliances when not in
use, all household consumer electronics have a transformer of some kind in
them, and are doing the same as your chargers when not actually turned on.
I found this to be "different" somehow when i was at home lol.
73
Colin, V A6BKX