From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 18:29:27 -0500
right on!!!!!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Webb" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 11:25 PM
Subject: Re: [irlp] Ham On Node 7820 Gets Traffic Ticket For Cell Phone

christopher wrote:
   >I don't know the law in New York, but the intent is that cellphone
   >use while driving is a distraction.  Can't the same be said about
   >operating a mobile ham
   >rig?
ESsentially, the difference being that full duplex such as a
telephone seems to distract more than most tow way radio
with push to talk etc.
then there thee are all the memories etc.  My xyl's boss ran
into a utility pole one day because she's trying to find our
telephone number in memory.  sLide around on the cie because
you're trying to call somebody to see if they're coming to a
meeting they've already left to attend.
I asked her if she didn't learn anything from this exercise
in stupidity and aws told that she didn't understand.  I
explained that if one is so stupid as to run off the road
because one's looking at the lcd display on one's cell phone
instead of the road maybe one should surrender that driver's
license and not be a menace to society.
Banning cell phone use by vehicle operators is a step in the
right direction.  Since stupidity is rampant in our society
we have to do the thinking for those who choose to exhibit
it.
IF they only killed themselves that would be different, but
they happen to kill others too in their thoughtlessness.
tHen again this is coming from the keyboard of a man who
believes that one dWI that injures another party should be
cause for society to take away the drunk's driving
priveleges forever.
NO questions asked, no second chances.

Richard WEbb,
Electric SPider Productions,
Eads Tennessee

Great audio is never heard by the average person, but bad
audio is heard by everyone.