ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2006 18:41:44 -0400
Brad,
         Oh yah!  there's nothing like it!  Actually, what I get more
nervous about is when it comes to the sharing time.  Sometimes,
people get a bit inappropriate and I mean by that, off topic and off
color.  The holy Spirit called some really wonderful people forward
today who had some really wonderful things to share about how God is
working in their lives.  Actually, this shows me how some people are
growing in Christ because they really have stories to share about how
God is working in their lives instead of getting up just to share a
funny story about what happened to them last week.  The first few
services like this that we had, I was ready to stop them, but Greg
cautioned me, saying, "no, it will change as the people grow in
Christ and learn what a difference He can make."  Well, Greg was
right and I was wrong.  I can say that because he's not
here.  GRIN!  Truthfully though, Greg was wise to be patient and to
encourage the people to attempt to share.  I wish that he had been
here this morning to hear how rich it was.  Saddly, for me at least,
only one veteran was there, but the wife of one of the veterans, who
was not there, stood up during the service, broke down and said that
she really appreciated the encouragement that she had received
today.  The main theme that the holy Spirit put together today was
basically, God walks with us through everything.  God always seems to
have a theme.  It just blows me away what happens when you let God
make up the bulletin.  Anyway, this lady's testimony was precious
and, I know, very heart felt.  God is good all the time.
Kathy