From:
Jenny Price <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jenny Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 09:34:15 -0600

Excellent MetroCeliac Supper Club experience at MAS<?xml:namespace
prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Wow, our MetroCeliac Supper Club went to Mas, 1670 W. Division Street,
Chicago, for our HOT and Spicy 2006 kickoff. Dealing with the management
and the chef was unexpectedly easy and pleasant. They were interested
and they did their homework and were very easy to deal with regarding
our menu and our group's requirements.

They made a family-style pre-fixe menu for us. I was originally not into
family style, but thank goodness we did it that way. Each course had
many things from which to choose and each guest liked something
different from each course. I was amazed that something so flavorful
could be gluten free and totally safe. And SO Delicious! I so highly
recommend this restaurant that I am going there again on my own this
weekend. If you come to Chicago, please give this place a try. The cozy
ambience and fiery, flavorful dishes create a unique and memorable
dining experience.

If you are in the Chicago Downtown area, please contact us if you wish
to experience all our Supper Club and regular MetroCeliac group has to
offer. Email Jennifer Price or Tanya Davidson at [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Here is the delightful, somewhat exotic, menu they provided. At first
read, I had no idea what some of the dishes were, but when they came out
it was obvious. Obviously delicious!

Primero (family style)

Ensalada

mixed greens, guajillo-candied pecans, roasted garlic and cilantro
vinaigrette

Arranchera

grilled flank steak, eggplant escabiche, spiced goat cheese, cilantro
'pesto'

Ceviche Del Dia

Proximo (family style)

Legumbre

acorn and butternut squash, wild mushrooms, truffle risotto, pumpkin
seed oil

Pollo

pan-roasted boneless chicken, fingerling potatoes, poblano rajas, aji
amarillo sauce

Lombo

chile-cured pork tenderloin, white beans, truffle scented jus

Postres

Fried bananas with vanilla bean ice cream and chocolate hazelnut sauce

Jennifer L. Price
MetroCeliacs - Chicago