Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 13:25:18 -0500

Thanks for all the responses re whether dunkin donuts hot chocolate or flouride at the dentist might have made my toddler sick.  Most people responded that the culprit was probably the flouride, not the hot cocoa.  Apparently, a lot of flourides used by dentists contain gluten.  Some also said there could have been wheat or oat powder on the gloves the hygentist wore.  Others said the hot cocoa could have been contaminated by flour (b/c it's a donut shop and there's a lot of gluten around: in the air, perhaps, or on servers' hands).  So far today, she has not vomited, so I'm hoping this is over.  If anyone can tell me how long the reaction to gluten typically lasts, please email me.  This is the first time my daughter has had a reaction since going GF 9 months ago.  Thanks.

* Visit the archives at: Listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?LIST=CELIAC *