GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou S Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 00:38:41 +0200
Ndey,

Good to know that you are back in Norway. I would have guessed that you
should be in London. All the same, it is good to know you ar back and
hopefully you will assume a more active role on the L.

Yes, both you and I believed long ago that the chances for a coalition were
as good as dead. (Remember your brief exchange with Sister Jabou Joh months
ago?).

However, that should not mean that the efforts of those who are still
working to produce a stable coalition should not be respected and
encouraged. It is partly on that account that I wondered why there seems to
be a deliberate effort to publish selected instances of the
behind-the-scenes negotiations. Whether or not the letters are authenthic,
it is perhaps the first time in the history of the internet that private
correspondence between two aspiring presidential candidates for a national
election are publicised in this manner, and this barely a couple of months
before a vote against an incumbent who has already began unleashing his
goons on the Opposition. Part of the effect, as is to be expected, is
supporters on either side are provided ammunition by which to undo the
propaganda efforts of the other.

Oh yes, people can comment on these as much as they want. I have no doubt it
is one of the reasons they are out there. But I hope you would not make
these the point of departure in assessig why the coalition faultered?

Have a good morning,
sidibeh

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい