ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Stahl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Stahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:06:53 -0400
Rhonda Rhonda,
Mark and you have raised a very interesting question.  I tend to
believe that Joseph was deceased at the time of the crucifixion.
First, no further mention is made of him after the occasion when
he and Mary found Jesus in the temple at Jerusalem when
Jesus was twelve years old.  Also, when Jesus was on the
cross, He arranged for the care of His mother, as told in John
19:26-27.  "When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the
disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother,
Woman, behold thy son! Then saith he to the disciple, Behold
thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his
own home."  I think that if Joseph were yet alive, there would
have been some mention of him during the time of the ministry
of Jesus; and he would have been taking care of Mary, his wife.
Let's see what kind of a discussion this can open up.
Dave