ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 09:04:51 -0600
Angel,

No need to apologize for the term of the vessel. I think it is the strength
of faith  in your  Catholic faith belief which brings terms as "you
Protestants" and otherwise almost connotations that Catholics are heaven
bound and Protestants just think they are.   The best analogy I can come up
with is Great Britain's stereo type of America... we're the original real
deal and y'all are a cheap copy. I trust that doesn't offend you, it
doesn't really offend me as I am secure in my faith and I know you are too.
Some things we, as Christians with doctrinal differences, must simply agree
to agree where we do agree, and agree to disagree where we disagree
*smile*. I value your input and whether I agree or not to, let's say
communion beliefs or not, that to  me isn't where I need to be as a
Christian, but simply live more like Christ everyday as best I can and
continue to grow according to his word, and encourage others to do the
same. Traditions are good if they are Christ based, but can be a trap as
Jesus pointed out. Each has to sort that out for themselves.

Brad

At 10:12 PM 2/3/2006 -0800, you wrote:
>I apologize again for using the word monstrance.  I knew of no other word to
>call the vessel which holds the consecrated host.  What do you call this
>vessel.  I will use that word in future to avoid offence.  Again I am sorry.

Brad

   There is a reason the windshield is bigger than the rear-view mirror