From:
Karen Tambasco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Tambasco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2006 10:00:51 -0400

I recently wrote in requesting information on GF restaurants and stores that
I could purchase GF items.  All of you were so helpful, and I was able to go
to the shore confident that I could feed my daughter.  The ONLY thing I
really had to worry about was if the flooding in MD, was it going to ruin
the vacation?  It didn't. Sunny, bright warm weather.

However, I did discover a health food store on Rte 50 that hadn't been
pointed out and I wanted to share the information with all of you.  The
store is called Ocean City Organics.  It is located at 11944 Ocean Gateway (
however, its actually in the BeechTree Station Plaza NEXT to the Ocean
Gateway Plaza).  It is very near the Walmart on Rte. 50.  The phone is
410-213-9818.  Email is [log in to unmask]  You may find information at
www.oceancityorganics.com <http://www.oceancityorganics.com/> .   I went
into the store and they do have crackers, some GF Pantry products, some
frozen items and cookies.  They said they would be willing to order items by
the case for you if you needed it. Contact them in advance. Summer hours are
M-F 9-8, Sat. 10-6, and Sunday 11-5.

Another discovery was the Kohr Bros. Ice Cream on the Boardwalk.  They had a
Nutritional guide posted right on the counter (near Division St.) that said,
their ice cream included no wheat.  However, the opposite side of the paper
said that some products include wheat, peanuts, and  a host of other
allergens. When I asked for clarification, it was due to some of the
flavors.  However, in addition to my daughters Celiac disease, my husband
suffers from Peanut and Tree nut allergies.  (throat closes, the whole bit)
He was advised not to eat the ice cream, because the PB flavor is mixed in
the same vat as the other flavors and due to the chance of cross
contamination his eating it was not advised.  He was fine with that, so if
you're there. check out the paperwork and make your own decision.

We ate at the Outback Steakhouse one evening, as that seemed to be the
safest and the most along the lines of what my kids would eat..(They're not
FISH eaters,and we were in the Seafood Capitol as far as they were
concerned!) My daughter had a great meal and the waiter was very good about
taking care of my daughter's meal.

The rest of the time I cooked in our room.  We got a hotel room with a
kitchenette, and I made Pizza one night, and pasta the next.  I froze the
fresh baked bread I made before our trip and kept it frozen on the way down.
We made sandwiches for lunch and I brought plenty of snacks. Stopped at
Super Fresh and picked up some fruit- and we all had a great vacation.

I was not able to visit TO LIFE! As he had been away on business. I did find
Wholesome Habits, the natural food store on Rte 1 or 528 whichever it is,
and was able to at least find them so I know where they are for next time.

Hope this information helps out all of you!

Happy 4th of JULY!

Karen,

Rochester,NY