Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2006 23:46:39 -0400

    Hi, I recall seeing months ago a listserve on childrens mental health issues and tried to join but was unsuccessful - does anyone have that info.?  I would also welcome any accounts of difficulties your children have had - ad/hd, ocd, anxiety and depression, and tic's.
    My daughter has suffered a lot and I would be glad to know of the experience of others.  She is now going to repeat a grade and I can only hope that she will be able to function, as each year this seems to become ever more difficult - she is still not capable of completing simple tasks without many reminders; cannot make plans or do much of anything without my urging her on in excruciating detail.
    She has yet to remember to brush her hair, needs many reminders, and she is almost 12.  Please note that she was very bright and articulate as a young child, but always had difficulty in social situations, and has always overreacted.
    She can completely comprehend something and the next day not able to begin to recall what she did the day before.  She seems to be getting worse.  She suffers from depression and anxiety and ocd behaviors.   I am getting discouraged.  She was put on stimulants for attention disorder and some made her ill and others exacerbated her tic's - she was terribly agitated and the affects took a long time to wear off.
    She was diagnosed at 7 but had periods of lethargy since age 1 and then from age 4 1/2 to 7 had years of pain and no growth (due to "stress", which, of course, turned out to be celiac).
    There is more, but I would really appreciate hearing from you all about this.
    Thank you very much.
    Sandy NoVa