ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:13:35 -0600
Hi all!

For those who don't know, one of my friends from Daybreak (where I go for
mental health day treatment) is/was planning to move into my house.  Her
name is Tawney.  she suffers from brain damage due to  stroke, both
physically and emotionally.  If I remember correctly, only 18% of her liver
is functioning, and as far as I know, the doctor will not put her on the
waiting list for a transplant.  She told me a long time ago that she falls a
lot, and you can tell by her speech that something isn't quite right with
her brain.  She's about my age, and had been smoking.  The last I heard is
that she is very sick now and has to be on oxygen 24/7, but I don't know if
that's permanent.  Blanca (my care provider) has tried to get Welfare to
approve of Tawney moving in, but someone denied her request because she
thought Tawney was in the nursing home care category.  My sister Judy, who
used to help people get into homes, told Blanca that she could appeal.  She
thought she would just try again.  Maybe she explained to the worker that
George (another housemate) is the only one in nursing care status.  I'll
have to talk with her to learn if she did anything or if anything has
transpired.  I am also concerned for Tawney's salvation.  We would
appreciate your prayers.

Thanks!

Sharon