Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 20:42:47 -0500

You have been wonderful and full of ideas.  See below and thanks to all of
you.

Beyond the Grain was mentioned by many!  One person said:  "Everything on
the menu is gluten free and a huge selection of desserts.  I even bought a
loaf of bread to take home.  The owner is Celiac."

Beyond the Grain.com (100% GF Restaurant)

800 First St Suite A (South of Grand Avenue on 63rd) West Des Moines, IA
50265

She also provided me with the following as did some others:

Una's restaurant in Des Moines

515-255-9355

Biaggi's in West Des Moines

Biaggis Ristorante Italiano

5990 University Ave

West Des Moines

515-221-9900

Noah's Ark Restaurant and Lounge

2400 Ingersoll

Des Moines, IA

(515) 288-2246

Famous Daves's in West Des Moines has a manger with a 18 month old daughter
that has Celiac and his name is Dave.  The items are limited but you do need
to call to make sure Dave is working.

Club Car in West Des Moines has two children with Celiac and are always at
the restaurant to give you the service you need.  Also, the staff is very
well trained.

El Aguilera Real (three locations) two in West Des Moines and one on Beaver
Avenue close to Merle Hall Mall is a very safe place.  The Chicken is
Gluten-Free and they can top anything with cheese sauce that is Gluten-Free
as well.

Outback Steak House - See the web site for the Gluten-Free menu.  Outback is
in West Des Moines.Outback Steakhouse that serves a flourless brownie.

Outback Steakhouse

10901 University Av

Clive, IA 50325

(515) 221-3309=20

PF Chang's - Opens at the new mall in a week.  They have a couple GF items
but with new staff I would not trust them yet.

Court Avenue Brew Pub Downtown Des Moines will have the head chef come out
and go over the menu and ensure the item is GF.

One suggestion for Club Car in West Des Moines and another for Mondo's in
West Des Moines.

Health food store:

Nutrition Marketplace

8812 Swanson Blvd

CLIVE, IA 50325 - 6910

(515) 225-8100

Another said the following:

1. Biaggi's on 5990 University Ave in W. Des Moines
2. Fleming's Steakhouse on 150 S. Jordan Creek Pkwy in W. Des Moines
3. Noah's Ark Restaurant on 2400 Ingersoll Ave in Des Moines
4. P.F. Chang's on 110 S. Jordan Creek Pkwy in W. Des Moines

Thanks to all of you.  I hope I didn't miss anyone.  I look forward to
eating GF.  This listserv is great!

Sharon in KS