From:
LIZ DECLEENE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
LIZ DECLEENE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jan 2006 09:45:09 -0700

www.therubyrange.com<http://www.therubyrange.com/>

Happy New Year!

Thanks to all of you who made 2005 successful!

Here was one response to the Christmas orders with soup recipe:

Dear Ruby Range,
I can't tell you what a wonderful reception the Ruby Range products got from my daughter-in-law Cil. She was just so touched and told me her own family never cared that much about her problem!

The Christmas Eve soup was really good - it's just potatoes soup with egg noodles. I use 1 onion sautéed and 1 potato for each person cubed. When that's done, I add milk until it's really hot but not boiling. Then I make the noodles - just flour, beaten eggs and salt and make a really stiff dough and drop them in the soup by little bits - about the size of my thumbnail - then let them cook until they're all fluffy. And the all purpose Ruby Range worked just great. So, thank you Liz for coming up with this product and the overnight mail.

The Ruby Range distinctive blend of flours includes the reintroduction of mesquite flour to the market.  For 2000 years, mesquite was a central dietary staple for the Southwest Native Americans.  Mesquite meal is extremely effective in controlling blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.  Mesquite, offers a good source of protein, dietary fiber, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, and zinc.  The exceptional flavor of The Ruby Range Mixes is a result of the sweet, nutty, slightly molasses flavor of the mesquite flour.

Nutrition is increased in the mixes by the addition of an ancient organic Ethiopian grain, Teff, now grown in Idaho. The combination of flours results in a texture similar to baked goods made from wheat.

Cookie and cakes mixes are sweetened with unrefined sugar, making it safe for most diabetics.

The Ruby Range supports sustainable agriculture in. Mesquite trees can be found in the US from central Texas to southeastern California and into Utah. On 25% of the planet species of mesquite can be found growing without any assistance from fertilizers, pesticides, irrigation or capitalization.