Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 18:50:01 +0000

It probably means her gall bladder isn't working up to par.

What I did was switch to coconut oil for awhile. It doesn't require bile
(or very
little) to digest. As my body healed, I was able to eat more 'regular' fat.

For people with REAL issues with fat, they use pure MCT, which is
part of coconut oil. It is absorbed straight from the stomach. It costs
more though!

Digestive enzymes help amazingly too. Ox bile will replace the
bile she is missing. Taken with a meal, it will allow her to
eat the fat and digest it ok.

You might suggest that she try digestion enzymes for fat (Lipase).  It just may help!

I am gluten free for 33 years and I cannot tolerate anything fried, oily or fatty.  I cannot tolerate dairy products, eggs, yeast and corn.
Anything is possible with celiac disease.

I think it was in 'Eating Right for a Bad Gut' that I remember reading that
animal fats can be tough to digest when one is dealing with a compromised
digestive system.  It certainly has been true for me.

I can't tolerate fat anymore, either.  I get really sick and I have been GF
for over 3 years now.

I'VE NEVER TOLERATED ANY FAT IN MY DIET NEVER ABSORBED IT SO I LIVE ON
TPN