Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 1995 09:42:05 EST
From:
Nicola Hamer <[log in to unmask]>

Karen Bulmer writes:

> Does anyone know if the Proctor & Gamble company who produces Pringles
> potato chips has changed their recipe in the states?  I was ecstatic when I
> realized I could still eat Pringles after being diagnosed as Celiac only to
> have them change their recipe to include potato and/or wheat starch.  After
> contacting them to find out why, they said it had nothing to do with cost
> but that a taste test survey was done and that the new taste was ruled as
> better.  Since I can no longer eat them I was unable to judge for myself.

I think they taste exactly the same as they ever did. My boyfriend,
who's the celiac, keeps eating Pringles mostly because he forgot they
changed the recipe, and he has so far never had a reaction.  He's
pretty sensitive, too. Maybe he's just lucked out and got packages
where they used potato starch and not wheat starch.

N.