From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 11:34:57 +0000
On Mar 05, 2006, at 5:34 am, Alyne wrote:

> I beleive you stated that a low carb diet that doesn't avoid
> saturated  fat is the best way to raise HDL.  Do you have a
> reference for  that?  My husband is trying to increase his HDL.

Just caught this - I know you didn't ask me but here is my opinion
anyway :)  I think your husband should eat a correct diet and IGNORE
his cholesterol levels.  They're an over-rated indicator of health
anyway: not everyone with high cholesterol gets heart disease, and
not everyone with low cholesterol *doesn't* get heart disease.  You
should use his general health and fitness as a guide, and not rely
too much on specfic tests (note: this doesn't apply in the presence
of toxic foods).  While it's interesting to know what foods raise
levels of X in the body, it's rarely a good starting point for
planning meals.

Step 1 learning paleo: learn what to eat
Step 2 learning paleo: learn to ignore the "experts" and get on with
it, because you get results, and they, despite their years of
studying and vast medical knowledge, don't

You could argue you need a little bit of step 2 to do step 1...

Just my 0.02 * (insert local currency here)

Ashley