BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
His reply: “No. Have you read The Lazy Teenager by Virtual Reality?”" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:57:51 -0200
c,

So there is going to be a new listserv out there in cyberspace w/ 2
people on it? One of them will be our champion Twybil (who will forget
to go online and play his bagpipes instead) and the other will talk a
lot to themselves in a very professional manner without childishness. It
sounds very compelling to me.

Tender Soul should try playing World of Warcraft... Kathy and I have
been having interesting encounters with our mature ages interfacing with
a whole lot of ppl in the 15-20 range who think really old people online
are 35. I have been playing on a West Coast server... it feels a whole
lot different than the East Coast server I usually play on -- even
though the environment is an exact replica the ppl are a diffferent mix.
Usually when I start to play for some time in the morning the only ppl
around are stragglers who played all night... they begin to fade out
with, "I need to go to bed now." or "I hate parents!" Kathy started up
her own guild called GEEZERS... but seems the kids don't know what a
geezer is. Last night I was playing with someone in Japan. Anyways... I
am playing a night elf rogue female (Kathy was on my case that I never
play lady characters)... other female players give me armor to wear
"cause it looks better on you" and they let me know when their bf shows
up "WINK"... and the 'boys' keep chasing me around wanting me to join
their guilds. One fellow was freaking out a few nights ago wanting to
know if I am a girl or a guy... he was bolixed that all the female
characters he was playing with suddenly we said we had to go to the
bathroom (brb g2g pp) - in my case it was more like going to get a beer.
He made a rude remark about female incontinence, to which the other lady
in our group shouted out, "Hey, dude... I am a guy!" I told our temp bf
that I was fixed but he did not seem to get that... "No, I mean, are you
a girl or a guy in real life?" Keep in mind that nobody in the game has
any clue who you are, where you reside, how old you are, what you
actually do look like, if you are wearing clothes... though they seem to
think you are as attractive and desirable, or undesirable, as your
character looks -- nor do they know your political leanings if you don't
show them. Since most of the time is spent following your character
around I'm fixated on how the female night elf's tush does not seem
quite right. What it all comes down to is immediate behaviour that
resembles human social patterns. We think we are alive.

Something I was told a long long time ago to the effect that you might
want to take a class on Chinese cooking and find yourself instead in a
course on Greek rhetoric... though it may not be what you wanted to get
if you pay attention you might learn something worthwhile just the same.
Or, all information is good information for something. I feel sorry for
Tender Soul. Sorry enough to wish sand in his underwear.

][<