AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Thomas Adeetuk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2007 12:17:33 -0500

Join African Association of Madison, Inc. for $25 per year

Mail check to: AAM, PO Box 1016, Madison, WI 53701
Phone: 608-258-0261 -- Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.AfricanAssociation.org

Sister Ann Marie,

As much as I agree with your lamentation, I assure you and the millions of other African women out there that the black beautiful skin of our sisters glows in the hearts of many of us. We accept and love those of our sisters with naturally given lighter skins but in no way does this ever debase the value and love of our Black skin. Remember the late Godfather of Soul, James Brown, say it loud "We are black and proud".

Thomas Adeetuk
College Library
Helen C. White Hall
600 N. Park Street