Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
D Duncan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:10:52 -0700
Is it possible to identify the purpose of a cable by the stuff that's
stamped on the plastic cable covering?  The stuff that says
"wonderful E1422890 CM 75(something)c LL43774 ETL verified E Patch cable"

What I think I know is, _that_ would be a cable linking my computer
to the router, or an Ethernet cable.  Therefore, it's patching my
computer to the Internet using the Ethernet port/plug.

Is there anything within that stamped info that tells me it's a
straight through vs a cross-over patch?
(now that I'm thinking about it, isn't a cross-over sort of just a
one-way dialogue?  Am I making any sense?)

Do I have any of that terminology correct?

(I do have that particular cable linking my computer to my router,
but I'm just curious about the stamped info and identifying cables)

Thanks,
Diane

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com