Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:58:44 EST

Hello,

I've had some great responses for restaurants in the Phoenix  and Scottsdale
areas.  Following is a summary (edited responses), but  first here are two
wonderful web sites which were suggested.  Both have  listings of gf restaurants:

_http://www.phoenixceliac.com_ (http://www.phoenixceliac.com/)

_http://www.glutenfreegroup.com/_ (http://www.glutenfreegroup.com/)

Here then are the responses.  If a restaurant is mentioned by several
people, I left that in since it indicates to me that you've got to go  there!  And
that restaurant is..... Pizza Picazzo!

Gluten Free Creations Bakery and Itty Bitty Bistro (Phoenix, 30th  and
Thomas) - ALL GF facility with fabulous sweet and savory baked  goods!
Picazzos Pizza (Tempe, Scottsdale, and Sedona)- Best GF pizza ever,  and many
appetizers, salads, etc.
Havana Café (Phoenix and  Ahwatukee)
ZTejas (Scottsdale and Chandler)
Thaifoon  (Scottsdale)
Outback, Carrabas, Flemings, Chipotle and many fast food places  are through
out the valley
TLC healthfoods (Phoenix) makes a great  sandwich, and has many GF things to
purchase
Brewed Awakenings (Phoenix)  has great coffee and some GF baked goods
Suzie (Phoenix)

We had great take out pizza at a restaurant in Scottsdale on
Frank Lloyd  Wright Blvd. called Pizza Picazzo.  The shopping center it is
located in  has a beautiful store called Aspire which provides the restaurant
with the  crust & bakes a variety of other items as well as  prepared
products...Houstons (a chain) the rotisserie chicken was  GF.
Suzanne

My favorite place is
Pizza Picazzo (480-922-2212) at Scottsdale and  Frank Lloyd Wright-  GF
pizzas and dessserts and great salads and GF  BEER!  The rest of my
family thinks that the "real" pizza is  fantastic-and we are from Chgo
where pizza is famous!
Thaifoon  (480-998-0011) has a GF menu, as does PF Chang and their sister
place Peiwei  (many locations) ... and there is an Outback.
Gail

Picazzo's Pizza in Scottsdale and Tempe.  Excellent food and safe as  they
have a dedicated area just for GF pizza.  You can also buy GF pizza  dough
from them.  http://www.pizzapicazzo.com/  is their  URL.
SC

We just came back from Phoenix and
treated ourselves to a wonderful  dinner at La Hacienda while we were there.
It is in the Fairmont Princess in  Scottsdale (I think)... I was presented
with
a printed two-page gluten-free menu!  They have so many
requests,  they put one together last year.  The food was delicious, a little
on
the expensive side, but well worth the treat.
Beth

...I've had really great experience at Fuddruckers.  Their
fry  seasoning is gluten free and they fry nothing else in the oil.  They are

glad to leave the buns off the burgers and warm them on a separate grill
from meat.
-s

I would recommend Flo's Asian in north Scottsdale.