THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 09:53:32 -0400
Sallette,

They are not treating your sister?  That poor woman.  I dont' know any docs
down there, but I would say it's time for a new doctor.  If she is
hyperthyroid, she should be treated!  My thyroid scan also came back normal
when I was going to get the radioactive iodine.  I ended up getting my
thryoid removed instead, because they wouldn't do the r/i with the normal
scan.  Give your sister my best, and tell her to look for a new doc.  Has
she contacted the American Thyroid Association (?think thats the name), they
were very helpful to me, lots of info, and also lists of docs in your area.

Best luck,
Stacey